Are you ready for a career that has it all… professional and personal rewards, and an opportunity to make a difference in your community? Are you committed to improving lives and building community?
The Coordinator, Marketing & Communications will assist in development and execution of United Way’s marketing and communications strategy. They will be responsible for website maintenance, social media management, internal and external communications, event coordination, production of printed and digital campaigns and content creation. The Coordinator will also assist in the collateral and campaign development for United Way of Regina and 211 Saskatchewan. This position will play a key role in helping to strengthen United Way’s brand and support within the local community and throughout the province.
This is a permanent full-time position that is responsible for:
- Participating in the planning, developing, implementing and evaluation of year-round integrated marketing strategies to inform and engage supporters and partners on United Way’s mission and community priorities.
- Delivering and telling United Way’s story in an effective manner that resonates with stakeholders and inspires them to take action.
- Creating campaigns and materials by translating complex community challenges and United Way solutions into relatable and compelling messages, stories, print and digital collateral to help connect stakeholders with United Way’s mission and impact.
- Planning and executing the organization’s digital strategy relating to website, social media and other mobile products with the goal of stewarding and building relationships with individual donors, volunteers and staff.
- Assisting with the development of and supporting strategies for donors and volunteers, including stewardship, engagement, communications, marketing, major individual gifts and targeted giving.
The successful candidate will have:
- University undergraduate degree or equivalent, in a relevant field
- 2-3 years of progressive experience in marketing and communications
- Knowledge of digital and printed communication and marketing trends and practices
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
- Superior communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Analytical skills with the ability to use judgment for strategic thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to effectively forge, manage and maintain long-standing relationships
- Proven organizational abilities and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population
- Experience with a donor relationship management database system, Abobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects) and web development applications (WordPress).
United Way of Saskatoon and Area is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the personal reward of being part of a team devoted to building a community that is great for everyone who lives here.
United Way of Saskatoon and Area encourages applications from individuals within identified equity groups, as defined by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission. United Way of Saskatoon and Area relies on section 48 of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code for this measure.
Qualified candidates should submit their application to:
United Way of Saskatoon and Area
100-506 25th Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 4A7
Application deadline is Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Click here for full job description